Latest DB update on December 9 2019.
December 4 2019:
A little anniversary. 11 years ago the start of this site
August 20 2019:
The limtis are changed Man 500 m: 42,5 - 1000 m: 1.27,0 and 1500 m: 2.13,0 Woman 500 m: 47,0 - 1000m: 1.38,0 and 1500 m: 2.30,0
October 7 2015:
Paul Schlösser, Thanks for the additions!
March 25 2015:
Limits Database, also for the distance rankings: Men: (42,0 -- 1.26,0 -- 2.10.0 -- 4.26,0 -- 8.00,00 -- All on 10K) Women: (46,00 -- 1.36,0 -- 2.26,0 -- 5.26,0 -- All on 5K -- All on 10k)
April 22 2014:
A lot of Finnish additions, thanks to Paul Schlösser!
This site is a Database for everyone who's interested in Personal Best and "Adelskalenderen" Speedskating for Men and Women.
Special thanks to Frans van Bakel, Paul Schlösser, Vincent van Lierop for the information I got from them! Without their help this database would not exist.
A quick summary of the sources of information used:
- Preben G Petersen (WSSSA) provided lots of data and the help of Paul Schlösser.
- The early years the books from Jan Kleine “Schaatsjaarboek” (until 1973), papers and a lot of books in Dutch about speedskating
- WSSSA books a lot of the them, editor Trond Eng from Askim (Norge)
- Schaatsseizoen, publication from “Stichting Schaatsseizoen” editor(s) Hedman Bijlsma and friends it’s published every year
- And from the internet, shown as links on the home page and a lot of more internet adresses
- Yahoo groups about (speed)skating
- Jakub Majerski and his website sskating.com
- SpeedSkatingStats (speedskatingstats.com)
- Others which I may have forgotten...